Start Date: Immediately
What We're Up To
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs, whether solo or part of a thousand-person company, build and scale their business. We help people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. Other mercenary developers just churn out what a client asks for, while we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and stop at nothing to build solid products that present the optimal solution. We are a lean, tenacious machine powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people we could find. Learn more about us: http://fueled.com.
Role and Responsibilities
- Developing apps that embody Fueled’s commitment to building exceptional products
- Working in a cross functional and collaborative environment using cutting edge technologies
- Being part of a team of highly skilled and passionate people across multiple time zones
- Creating innovative technical solutions
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of professional development experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Android application development experience using Java, Android SDK / APIs / Frameworks, and Android Studio.
- Proven record of releasing apps to the store.
- Object-oriented design & development experience; knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, multi-threading, and complexity analysis.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies (TDD, continuous integration).
- Understanding of the Model View Presenter, inversion of control, and reactive design pattern.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible vacation policy, including 8 paid company holidays
- Access to Fueled’s insurance plans (healthcare, dental, and more) - effective on the first of the month after your start date
- Access to Fueled’s 401k plan from day one, with tiered matching after 6 months of employment
- Opportunity to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account
- Ability to purchase train/metrocard and other qualifying transportation costs pre-tax
- Annual performance bonuses
- Biweekly team lunches, quarterly team dinners, company outings, happy hours, and more
- Capital Award in Fueled Ventures equity plan based on employee rank and tenure
- Work in the best collective space in SoHo, conveniently located by the N, Q, R, B, D, F, M, and 6 lines