Creative Frontend Developer
Start Date: Immediately
What We're Up To
Fueled is a product-driven venture-development firm that works with a range of startups and big brands to create compelling, successful, award-winning apps and websites. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs, whether solo or part of a thousand-person company, build and scale their business. We help people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. Other mercenary developers just churn out what a client asks for, while we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and stop at nothing to build solid products that present the optimal solution. We are a lean, tenacious machine powered by 85 of the sharpest, most passionate people we could find. Learn more about us: http://fueled.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating responsive designs for websites and web/mobile applications.
- Being actively involved in creating and enhancing user experience through frontend development.
- Maintaining and pushing the agency benchmark for quality of work output for existing and new clients.
- Being adaptive and always striving to step out of your comfort zone and experiment in new disciplines.
- Being comfortable in client facing situations to carry out face-to-face meetings and calls.
- Being responsible for the day-to-day management of sub team members, progress, and deadlines.
- Working with the Production Department and other members of the Design Department.
- Reporting directly to the Creative Director.
- Being involved in Senior management meetings to discuss team-wide and industry-related topics.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has 4+ years of Front End Development experience, preferably in an agency environment (client-side).
- Has experience in overseeing teams and running regular code reviews.
- Has experience with integrating RESTful APIs.
- Is able to pick up new languages, and the desire to further your skillset
- Has experience integrating with third-party systems (CMS, analytics etc).
- Has experience with Git, either in the command line or using a GUI; as well as knowledge of Github best practice and working collaboratively with code
- Has knowledge of MVC development, and related languages and frameworks (Python, and Django for example)
- Has experience with Sketch, as well as the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Has experience with bug tracking systems such as Pivotal Tracker or JIRA.
- Has a solid understanding of core Computer Science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and development.
- Has a strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability.
- Has excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Has excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong time management & problem solving capabilities.
- Has a knack for collaborating, sharing your thoughts on problems, and working through them to discover the best solution.
- Is capable of accurately executing design work into code whilst forming exciting user journeys using appropriate and creative end user experience techniques.
- Has experience with or the desire to explore WebGL and other creative frontend technologies.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy, including 8 paid company holidays
- Access to Fueled’s insurance plans (healthcare, dental, and more) - effective on the first of the month after your start date
- Access to Fueled’s 401k plan from day one, with tiered matching after 6 months of employment
- Opportunity to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account
- Ability to purchase train/metrocard and other qualifying transportation costs pre-tax
- Annual performance bonuses
- Biweekly team lunches, quarterly team dinners, company outings, happy hours, and more
- Capital Award in Fueled Ventures equity plan based on employee rank and tenure
- Work in the best collective space in SoHo, conveniently located by the N, Q, R, B, D, F, M, and 6 lines